for 2 servings
- 2 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and drunmsticks (910 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 5 garlics, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 lemon juices, from 2 lemons, plus 1/4 cup (60 ml) divided
- 1 ½ lb yukon gold potato, cubed (680 g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup greek yogurt (285 g)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup fresh dill (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 lemon zest
- Marinate the chicken: Add the chicken to a large bowl and season with the salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, harissa paste, and the juice of 2 lemons. Toss until the chicken is well coated, then cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Add the potatoes to half of a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and the parsley and toss to coat. Arrange the marinated chicken pieces on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, parsley, honey, dill, sumac, and remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice. Stir well until smooth, the set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, toss the potatoes, then spread the leeks and lemon zest in an even layer over the potatoes.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and cooked through and the vegetables are tender and slightly crispy.
- Serve the chicken over the potatoes and leeks and drizzle with the yogurt sauce.