for 10 servings
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 2 stick
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced (455 g)
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 loaves day-old country white bread, torn into 1-inch (2-cm) pieces, (bake at 325˚F (170˚C) for 25 minutes to dry out if not day-old)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups vegetable stock(720 mL)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped, divided (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Grease a 9×13-inch (23×33-cm) baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, onions, and garlic. Cook until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the kale, sage, and rosemary. Cook for another 5 minutes, until the kale is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable stock, half of the parsley, the salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread and cooked vegetable mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and vegetable mixture, and stir to coat.
- Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Top with the remaining parsley.