for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 oz crushed tomato, 1 can (795 g)
- 2 cups chicken stock(480 g)
- 3 cups campanelle noodles (450 g)
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (225 g)
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese (125 g)
- fresh basil leaf, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to the pan, stirring often, until soft. Move the onions and garlic to the edges of the pan. Add ground beef, McCormick® Dried Oregano, salt, and pepper to the center of the pan, breaking up the meat into smaller pieces. Let the beef sit undisturbed for a moment so the beef browns slightly. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until almost no pink remains.
- Add tomato paste to the pan and stir to combine. Add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock to skillet. Bring to a boil and add noodles to skillet, stirring so noodles are submerged. Lower heat to medium, cover with a lid, and cook for about 10 minutes, until noodles are al dente.
- Remove from heat, then stir in shredded mozzarella. Spoon dollops of ricotta over the pasta, cover with lid, and let sit for a few minutes until ricotta melts slightly. Sprinkle fresh basil over pasta and serve.